D2V sourcing

 


When I was direct to vendor sourcing, I always found local letting agents as one of the best routes to generate leads

I searched locally (or in the area where I wanted a deal) for those small, owner-run letting agents - you know the ones with the office printed A4 rental properties badly hung in the window and an apparent lack of a CRM judging by the amount of files on the desks and storage cupboard tops
I never went for the chain letting agents or the letting agents that did ‘sales’ too - waste of time
“Have you got any landlords that are considering selling due to retirement or change of circumstance?”
I would ask after my second or third PR visit
The answer was usually ‘yes’ and I could generate leads easily by offering the rental management back as a guarantee for 12 months etc (or bring in business their way some other way)
Doing this in a couple of locations across the country where I had solid landlord buyers really helped me build up my pipeline - some were ready-to-go rental properties with cashflow, others add value and there was the occasional ‘below value’ - all of them could be monetised and ‘sold on’ to one of my investor buyers for a fee once I got D2V and contracts signed
Getting direct contact to the landlord was key, as was getting them to like me and what I do
Those small letting agents are a little horned of leads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HMO flips - Richard Nicholls Property Shrewsbury

So, you’re thinking of selling your HMO?

Selling an HMO STEP 3 - WHO IS THE LIKELY BUYER?